MapAlerter is a free service that lets you receive alerts from your local County Council by SMS, Email, App and Social Media. It is available to download for free at mapalerter.com ».
Please obey the statutory 60km/hr speed limits at Ballymacar and Glenmore
Glenmore:- As part of the ongoing roadworks on the N25 New Ross By-Pass the New Roundabout on the N25 at Glenmore is currently in operation. Motorists are advised that the enforceable speed limit in this area is reduced to 60 km/h with a Cautionary Speed of 45km/h advised. We ask that motorists take caution when entering the roundabout and Yield to traffic on the roundabout. We would like to thank motorists for their patience during this time.
Ballymacar:- The temporary diversion route is still in operation and this will be the case until the 4th Quarter of 2018 when it is anticipated the traffic will switch on to the new grade separated roundabout being constructed.
The following temporary traffic measures will be coming into effect shortly:
Temporary Traffic Management Updates
- Combined Road Closure & Diversion Route for (click on links here) Pink Rock/Ballyverneen (in effect from 05th Feb. 2018)
- New layout in effect for Ballyverneen residents.
Upcoming Alterations to Existing Traffic Management
- L8046 – Creaken – 6th July 2018
- L4013 – Lacken South – 6th July 2018
- Glenmore Junction – July 2018
- R733 at Camlin verge works and realignment starting Mid-June for 6 weeks.
- N30 Corcoran’s Cross – Traffic Management will be installed during Quarter 3. Further information will be circulated in advance.
- A section of the L7512 at Pink Rock and L7513 at Ballyverneen, Co Kilkenny are currently closed and a signposted diversion route is in place.
- A section of the N25 at Ballymacar is currently diverted. This diversion will remain in place until Q4 2018.
- The L4013 Lacken South Road will be closed from 28th May 2018 – November 2018. Diversions will be signposted.
- N25 at Glenmore – new roundabout layout in place from 29th May 2018.
- The L8046-1 Creaken Upper will be closed from 11th June 2018 to 6th July 2018
The following roads are open to traffic under traffic management
8046-2 – Creakan; 4008-3 – Ryleen; 4026-2 – Stokestown; 4026-1 – Stokestown; 4007-3 – Lacken North; L8047 – Camlin
L8048 – Creakan Upper; L8049 – Camlin Overbridge; L4021 – Arnestown Overbridge; L80434 – Arnestown
Please be aware that these roads are under Advisory Speed Limit of 55 Km/Hr and motorists are asked to drive with caution.
PLEASE NOTE that with all temporary traffic diversions, there will be some adjustment to road layouts at the start and end of the planned diversion dates. This is to allow the diversions to be set up and changed over to new lanes. We will endeavour to keep these times to a minimum, but some are more complicated and as such, could take more time.
Your cooperation and patience is appreciated.
Plant Crossings are in place at the following local roads, please exercise caution when driving on these roads:-
Wexford – L4003-3
Kilkenny – L7513