N25 New Ross Bypass PPP Scheme
The N25 New Ross Bypass PPP Project will comprise a 14km dual carriageway road including new sections of both the N25 and N30 National Primary Routes. The bypass commences at a roundabout junction with the existing N25 at Glenmore, Co. Kilkenny before crossing over the River Barrow on a 3 tower extrados bridge extending for approximately 900 metres from Pink Point in County Kilkenny to Stokestown in County Wexford and continuing until it ties in with the N30 at Corcorans Cross.
The proposed N25 New Ross Bypass scheme comprises approximately 15 km of roadworks including:
- Approximately 4 km of Dual Carriageway, which will link the existing N25 at Glenmore to the R733 at Landscape via the new River Barrow Bridge Crossing
- Approximately 9.6 km of Dual Carriageway, which links the R733 at Landscape to the existing N25 at Ballymacar Bridge and continues to the proposed roundabout southeast of Corcoran’s Cross on the existing N30
- Approximately 1.2 km of Single Carriageway road, which links the roundabout southeast of Corcoran’s Cross to the existing N30 to the east of Corcoran’s Cross
- 3 at-grade roundabouts, at Glenmore (N25), Ballymacar Bridge (N25) and Corcoran’s Cross (N30)
- A compact grade separated junction at Landscape (R733)
- Various realignments and tie-ins of sections of National, Regional and Local roads affected by the proposed scheme
Around 29 structures including:
- The landmark River Barrow crossing will connect Pink Point in County Kilkenny and Stokestown in County Wexford. This Extrados type bridge, at 900m, will be the longest bridge in Ireland and the longest bridge of this type in the world.
- 3 local road overbridges, one at Camlin, one at Arnestown and one at Lacken
- A railway overbridge at Ballyverneen, where the bypass intersects with a closed railway line
- Seven local road under bridges, one at Ballyverneen, one at Stokestown, one over the R733 in Landscape (part of the grade separated junction), one at Creakan upper, 1 at Ballymacar and 2 at Lacken.
- 3 Retaining Wall structures adjacent to the LS-7513 Ballyverneen and the R733 at Camlin
- And other minor structures such as 13 accommodation underpasses, structural and non-structural culverts, sign gantries and environmental barriers
Fly Through of N25 New Ross Bypass route
You can watch a video fly through of the proposed N25 New Ross Bypass scheme route here:
Representation of N25 New Ross Bypass route only